A dish washer is responsible for maintaining service efficiency through communication with the food servers, host/hostess and managers. Accountable for the cleanliness of the front and back of the house, restrooms and the exterior.
Areas of Responsibility
- Clears soiled dishes between guests with minimal noise. Delivers soiled dishes to the appropriate containers in the dish tank area
- Cleans and sanitizes tables and chairs, in addition to maintaining cleanliness of property around the restaurant (i.e. foyer, front porch, sidewalk etc)
- Empties trash from the designated areas through out shift. Cleans and stock restrooms every 30 minutes or as needed
- Responsible for keeping the dish tank area maintained and seeing that cleaned dishes are constantly replenished
- Removes cardboard and grease, and maintains the cleanliness of the parking lot
- Works with other staff to ensure 100% guest satisfaction as it pertains to dining room cleanliness
- May be asked to assist in other job categories as well
- All other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
- 0-2 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- General knowledge of commercial dishwashing is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize, good organizational skills
How to Apply